Soluble Kelp powder is dehydrated liquid extract (sea crop) made from sea plants (Ascophyllum nodosom). These are the best in North America for the purest form of kelp.
Once reconstituted, the liquid provides natural plant hormones and micro-nutrients to your crops. These compounds are known to accelerate growth, increase flowering and fruiting, intensify color, and provides resistance to disease, insects, drought, and frost.
Benefits of Sea Kelp
• Improves seed germination and increases root development.
• Increases bloom set and size of flowering and fruit.
• Increases and stabilizes chlorophyll in plants, which results in darker green leaves and increases sugar content in plants.
• Relieves stress in plants caused by extreme weather conditions.
• Increases plant vigor, and thus imports a greater resistance to disease, insect attack, drought, and frost.
• Increases microorganisms in the soil that fix nitrogen from the air.
• Increases mineral uptake from the soil and into the plant.
• Increases the storage life of fruits and vegetables by retarding the loss of protein, chlorophyll, and RNA.
• Retards the aging process in plants (senescence), thereby lengthening the production season.
• Many trace minerals contained in seaweed have important regulatory functions when applied to land plants, and in the animals and humans that consume the plants.
High in phosphorus and potassium comes in liquid (more naturally concentrated) and dry.
1 – 44 lbs box of dry will treat 50-65 acres; this is the best for maximum benefit for crop health. Also liquid extract is more concentrated then dry water soluble. Easier to ship.
When to Use
Apply kelp to improve specific growth stages.
• To promote additional buds, apply sea kelp when plants are beginning to bud to extend the shelf life of the fruits and vegetables, spray 10 days after harvesting. To lengthen the life of cuts flowers, spay kelp a day or two before cutting.
• In lieu to trying to catch specific growth, apply kelp every 2 to 4 weeks.
• Kelp solution should be sprayed in the morning or late afternoon when the leaves stoma is open. Avoid applying between noon and mid-afternoon when the sun in most intense and the stoma are closed. Also, avoid spraying sea kelp before it rains or while it is raining.
Foliar application is the most efficient and effective method. Kelp extracts are 8 to 18 times more effective when applied the leaves then when broadcasted in the soil. Spray as a fine mist until it drips off the plants surfaces.
Best to use on three (3) spraying at a rate of 1 quart per acre (liquid), or ½ to 1 pound of dry per acre per application. The best time to spray is when the crop is 4 inches to 8 inches tall. In addition, at flowering times, and again at heading time in all crops. Sea kelp is excellent for all crops especially grapes where a high amount of phosphorus and potassium is needed for maximum growth. Can be mixed into any other chemical, makes the chemical more stronger and more efficient. Increases root structure & mass of crops.